Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI)
- Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) allows direct in vivo examination of the brain microstructure, white matter tracts, and diffuse axonal injury after suspected Traumatic Brain Injury.
- DTI is superior to CT and MRI for characterizing Traumatic Brain Injury. With mild to moderate TBI, CTs and MRIs of the brain will often be reported as “negative/normal.” This does not necessarily mean that TBI has not occurred. This is where DTI plays an important role.
- We will arrange for a DTI scan to be performed at a local TBI Imaging Associates-affiliated neuro-imaging facility.
- The study will then be interpreted by TBI Imaging Associates’ own specialist Neuroradiologist, who is amongst the nation’s leaders in TBI imaging and DTI expert witness work.
- A detailed report will be issued, either refuting or confirming Traumatic Brain Injury, and characterizing the areas of the brain that are affected.
- Turnaround time: Within 4 weeks of receiving referral. Please refer here.